Trade groups and business associations help businesses and consumers in many ways, such as education, training, and standards just to name a few.
As part of our continuous effort to improve our business, we are proud members of the following trade groups and business associations.
ABC of Western Washington represents over 300 general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and industry professionals, both union and open shop, who are united in the beliefs that:
- Projects should be awarded to the lowest responsible bidder, or owner's contractor of choice, regardless of labor affiliation.
- Union and open shop workers should be able to work side-by-side to provide the best project for the owner.
- Workers should have the choice of whether they wish to join a union or not.
- Workers should be rewarded on the basis of their individual skill and initiative.
AWB Mission Statement
The mission of the Association of Washington Business is to advance an economic climate that enables our members, employees and all citizens to prosper.
AWB Vision Statement
AWB is Washington state's premiere advocate for the business community and is recognized as the state's chamber of commerce, manufacturing and technology association.
BBB helps people find and recommend businesses, brands, and charities they can trust.
People today are overwhelmed with choices – and often unsure about where to find verified, unbiased information. There are more than 30 million businesses in North America alone; and hundreds of thousands of sites around the world where people shop online. There are thousands of free and subscription websites that offer a range of information, including reviews, reports, directories, listings, and gripe sites. BBB is the one place you can find it all.
For over 100 years, BBB has helped people make smarter decisions and is evolving to meet fast changing marketplace needs.
- BBB sets standards for ethical business behavior and monitors compliance. Almost 400,000 Accredited Businesses meet and commit to our high standards.
- BBB helps consumers identify trustworthy businesses, and those that aren't, through more than 4 million BBB Business Reviews.
- BBB sets standards for and evaluates thousands of advertisements each year to ensure that people can trust what advertisers say.
- BBB sets standards for and evaluates the practices of thousands of charities so that donors know where their money is going.
- BBB coaches businesses on ethical behavior and how to build stronger, more trusting relationships with their customers.
ESA of Washington, WHO WE ARE
- We are composed of 40+ members
- We are THE #1 SOURCE of information for consumers
- We facilitate the exchange of valuable industry information amongst our Membership
- We promote & support legislation that directly benefits the public
- We provide training and trade shows to keep abreast of the latest in technology
- We promote professionalism in the fire and security industry
What is ESA?
Established in 1948, the Electronic Security Association (ESA), a non-profit 501(c) 6 trade association, has evolved into the largest professional trade association in the United States with the purpose of representing, promoting and enhancing the growth and professional development of the electronic life safety, security, and integrated systems industry. In cooperation with a federation of state associations, ESA provides government advocacy and delivers timely information, professional development tools, products and services that members use to grow and prosper their businesses.
A positive advocate for the electronic life safety, security, and integrated systems industry, ESA works at all levels to increase awareness about the value of the products and services members provide. The association supports new technology and applications with customized and relevant training and proactively promotes the industry through consumer awareness activities supported by trade and media relations programs. ESA also supports legislation and regulations that enhance public safety.
Guided by strong leadership and a commitment to the advancement of technology and professionalism, ESA is on a strong foundation that includes financial stability and recognition as the only professional trade association that works to address issues important to the well-being of the industry.
The Master Builders Association of Pierce County (MBA) is a non-profit trade association comprised of more than 1,000 builder and associate member companies employing over 10,000 people in Pierce County.
One of over 800 such local associations throughout the United States (15 in the state of Washington), the MBA's purpose is to promote through membership involvement, legislative action, networking and education, the opportunity for affordable housing to all while striving to maintain the highest ethical standards.
The Master Builders Association believes that home ownership is the cornerstone of family security, stability, and prosperity. It strengthens the nation's communities, encourages civic responsibility and provides a solid foundation from which to work. The Master Builders Association is concerned with and has a stake in the quality of life here in Pierce County. It stresses community involvement as a means to an end---homes for all.